Eurofins is a world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing industry. We are also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 23,000 employees across 225 sites in 39 countries, we are a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to work within our Canadian National Service Centre, based out of North York, ON. This position will support our existing Canadian legal entities across the country, as well as support further acquisitions and growth. Experience working with Quebec-based locations is highly preferred. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller of the NSC, this position requires a candidate who is well-versed in all areas of accounting.
This position supports the Controller in all accounting activities, and offers the right candidate opportunities for special projects to develop their skillset and advance their career. This position is dynamic and requires the candidate to be proactive, multi-task, and have excellent organizational skills.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Calculate and file sales tax and other statutory remittance returns
- Cash receipts application
- Closely monitor actual vs. budget
- Review and approve PO requisitions for account coding
- Maintain the ERP fixed assets module
- Process highly sensitive and material payments
- Prepare and post general and accrual journal entries
- Month end accounts and variance analysis
- Implement new sales and purchasing policies
- Responsible for all intercompany transactions
- Internal group reporting
- Assist in ERP system projects
- Assist in annual budget preparation
- Assist in year-end audit and other reviews
- Assist in developing new policy and process documentation
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Recent CPA-CGA/CPA-CMA designation, or final level
- Good knowledge of USGAAP/IFRS
- Minimum 2 years of corporate accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, work independently, problem solve, and perform very well under pressure
- Working knowledge of MS Dynamics Great Plains is a must
- Advanced MS Excel and other Microsoft products and financial reporting applications
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Bilingual (English/French) is a strong asset
Working Conditions: This position is in an office environment where most of the time will be sitting at a desk working on a computer. Periodic overtime may be required.
Accommodation: Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request - submit request.
Submit your resume via email: APPLY NOW
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please!