Senior Accountant - Eurofins Alphora
Eurofins Scientific is a world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing, as well as environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 38,000 employees across 400 sites in 44 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Alphora Research, located in Mississauga & Oakville, ON, is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant as part of our on-going commitment to improve the overall quality and service internally, as well as plan for future growth.
Reporting to Head of Finance and Administration, the Senior Accountant role is responsible for providing financial support related to all aspects of the accounting cycle including financial reporting to management and corporate stakeholders, and oversight on corporate financial compliance, policies and procedures. This role will also facilitate any auditing conducted by third parties to ensure effective resolution and swift closure of auditing activities.
This position offers the right candidate opportunities for special projects to develop their skillset and advance their career. This position is dynamic and requires the candidate to be proactive, multi-task, and have excellent organizational skills.
Provide monthly, quarterly and annual cyclic Reporting and General Accounting services in an accurate and timely manner that is compliant with Canadian accounting standards, government regulations, and internal policies and procedures.
- Creating, maintaining and routinely delivering management reports to support business leaders in understanding financial performance, cost drivers and controls, with variance to prior year and budget
- Tracking and reporting to assist management of net working capital, DSO, DPO, and Capital Expenditure
- Developing project and SG&A reports in Microsoft Dynamics-Great Plains environment using the Project Accounting module
- Assisting in month end and annual close process
- Preparing and submitting HST and other regulatory filings
- Prepare working papers and support audit, tax, and SR&ED claim preparation
Project and Job Costing
- Setup of Contracts and Projects in the Project accounting module.
- Process project timesheets: coordinating, reviewing, timesheet data load, development and distribution of timesheet management reporting
- Creation and maintenance of weekly and monthly project reports, and supporting revenue recognition
- Control the chart of accounts, recommend improvements to structure, automation and modelling
- Prepare and support Journal Entries, data loads, conversions
- Perform and review GL Account reconciliations, validating accounts and correcting entries as required
Accounts Payable & Receivable
- Supporting treasury and payment processing – wires, expense reimbursement, AP
- Backup to AR, generating and processing invoices related to services and pass through expenses, processing customer deposits and month end reporting and closing process
- Ability to create and develop management reports and to educate/train employees in their use (e.g. cost statements, prepaid accounts, depreciation accounts, capital accounts, variance reporting, and Eurofins Alphora specific reports such as SR&ED, continuing education, overtime, staff utilization, capacity)
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement positive changes to the accounting related systems and processes to ensure efficiency and compliance
EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL
- Degree or certification in Finance and/or Accounting
- CPA is an asset
JOB-RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 5 Years of experience as an Accountant
- Experience with full accounting cycle
- MS Dynamics Great Plains
- ROSS ERP
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of accounting best practices, standard concepts, policies and procedures
- Audit and/or related support experience
- Multi-national reporting package
- Advanced skills in Excel, intermediate skills in other MS Office (Word and Outlook)
- Highly organized and proactive
- Clear, concise, and professional communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
Accommodation: Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request - submit request.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Submit your resume via email: APPLY NOW