Research Scientist - Synthetic Organic Chemist in R&D - Eurofins Alphora
Eurofins Scientific is a world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing, as well as environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 38,000 employees across 400 sites in 44 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins Alphora is a pharmaceutical research, development and manufacturing organization in the field of active drug substances and synthetic organic chemistry. Alphora’s focus is at the early stage of API Technology Development, developing chemical processes and preparing materials for pre-clinical and clinical studies. As well, Alphora provides transformative process chemistry expertise for later stage programs and niche commercial manufacturing. Alphora has state of the art synthetic R&D labs, analytical services, GMP Kilo Labs, GMP Pilot Plant and supporting QC/QA functions. Please refer to our website at www.alphoraresearch.com for further information on this Eurofins company.
The successful candidate will work on projects that research, develop and implement process technologies for the manufacture of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Planning and execution of experiments in R&D laboratories
- Data analysis, interpretation, and documentation in development reports
- Development of inherently safe processes based on thermal hazard assessment
- Maintaining a safe and well organized laboratory work area
- Technology transfer to both internal and external manufacturing facilities
Experience and Education Requirements:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Chemistry ideally with experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Must have a strong knowledge of organic chemistry and hands-on experience in the synthesis of complex organic molecules
- Experience in process scale-up, selection and sourcing of raw materials, setting specifications, economic and regulatory constraints will be an asset
- Must be highly motivated and have a proven record of success in multiple projects
- Must be well organized and able to meet project timeline commitments
- Must work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment and have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Submit your resume via email: APPLY NOW
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No agencies please!