IT Infrastructure Regional Operations Manager - Eurofins NSC
Eurofins Scientific is a world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing, as well as environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 38,000 employees across 400 sites in 44 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
REPORTING TO: Director, IT Infrastructure – North & South America
GEOGRAPHICAL REPORTING LOCATION: Canada
WORKING LOCATION: Toronto or Longueuil (Montreal)
LANGUAGES OF OPERATION: English and French
The IT Infrastructure Regional Operations Manager is responsible for maintaining business in the regional laboratories in Canada in both official languages. This will be done in collaboration with other IT teams and according to defined processes (e.g. Incident Management and Change Management). As this is a role dealing with all provinces, both French and English skills are essential.
The IT Infrastructure Regional Operations Manager should:
- Ensure that IT Services are delivered effectively to customers;
- Cooperate and motivate the IT Operations team to perform and collaborate in corporate manner;
- Propose new services according to customer needs;
- Manage cost effectiveness of the IT Infrastructure, IT Systems and IT Services under their responsibility;
- Ensure that the defined processes (e.g. Incident Management and Change Management) are well applied;
- Drive innovative processes;
- Ensure that new processes like Problem and Capacity Management are well introduced.
- Regular contact with the local Business Unit Leaders to foster advance in their business;
- Monitor the capacity and availability of IT Services;
- Make sure that critical changes on IT Services are implemented in a smooth and controlled manner (e.g. Change Management, release procedure and monitoring criteria).
- Empower people to contribute to performance of IT Infra Regional Operations team;
- Define and assign goals to the team. Control goals achievement through regular meetings and implement the necessary actions if results are not in line with given objective;
- Manage the team ensuring all HR procedures are applied, both with respect to the local regulations on employment law and to Eurofins internal rules;
- Define and publish Key Performance Indicators on a regular basis and monitoring the effectiveness of the teams.
Participate in the design of Eurofins standards and policies regarding IT Infrastructure services concerning operations:
- Together with peers, participate in the definition of Eurofins standards and policies;
- Liaise with other IT teams to design new IT Services.
Ensure that Eurofins standards and policies are respected:
- Implement changes according to Eurofins standards and policies;
- Make sure that Eurofins standards are correctly implemented and followed by his/her own team as well as by each customer supported.
Cost Control, Budget & Contract Management
Elaborate IT Infrastructure budget and ensure it is followed together with the Regional Infrastructure Manager.
PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CRITERIA:
SMART goals based on business objectives.
- 5 years+ in IT Infrastructure
- 2-3 years+ as IT Systems Administrator
- Degree or advanced diploma in a related field
- Intermediate-advanced French is MANDATORY
- ITIL certification
- Experience managing distributed teams/remote locations
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Willingness and ability to build and develop a national infrastructure (systems, SOPs, team, etc.)
- Ability to travel 10-30%, nationally and internationally
Submit your resume via email: APPLY NOW
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No agencies please!