DNA Sequencing Laboratory Associate
Consider joining Eurofins, where people are the most important element in our chemistry. With over $2 billion in annual revenues and 22,000 employees across 300 sites in 39 countries, Eurofins Scientific is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, food, environmental and consumer products industries and to governments.
If you’re looking to join a fast paced business environment with a vast network of colleagues worldwide, Eurofins wants to hear from you. If you are sharp, quick on your feet, and know the difference strong interpersonal skills make, then this position could be your next great opportunity!
DNA Sequencing Lab Associate duties include, but are not limited to, the following :
Description: The DNA Sequencing Laboratory Associate receives sufficient authority from and is accountable to the Shift Manager or appointed designate for the successful completion of assigned duties and responsibilities and has the authority to take action necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of this position and to identify the occurrence of departures from the quality system or from the procedures for performing tests and/or calibrations, so long as such action does not deviate from established company guidelines, is consistent with sound technical and business judgment, and follows the practices of the laboratory.
Overall Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Candidate must carry out all laboratory activities related to the process of Sanger DNA sequencing
- Organizing and sorting tubes and plates containing DNA samples that come in daily
- Pipetting DNA sequencing reactions.
- Performing DNA purification on sequencing reactions, loading and scheduling 3730xl ABI Sequencers.
- Will work with and under the supervision of a lab manager.
Operating lab equipment:
- Thermo cyclers
- ABI 3730xl sequencers
- Automated Liquid handlers.
- Must have a Biological Science degree or currently pursuing a degree in Biological Science.
- Experience with wet lab molecular biology techniques and using basic lab equipment.
- Capacity to perform under pressure in a fast paced production environment.
- Must be organized, flexible and pay great attention to detail.
- PC-based computer literacy, including in Microsoft Office and the ability to quickly master other programs used in the daily lab processes.
- Experience with Sanger Sequencing using 3730xl highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in an ISO-9000 or cGMP environment.
- Previous experience working with general laboratory equipment.
- Microsoft Windows and Excel proficiency.
- Previous experience working with Hazardous Chemicals.
- Ability to lift 35+ pounds.
Accommodation : Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format, may e-mail a request to the HR Department.
*Please note - this role is located in downtown Toronto; the schedule is Tuesday to Saturday, 9am to 5:30pm*
Submit your resume via email: APPLY NOW
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to volume only shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2-4 weeks. We appreciate the time you took to review this position, and will keep all candidate profiles on file for a minimum of 6 months for future opportunities.